Monday, April 30, 2012

Deep Well Farm Mud Run

Mud, Hay, Obstacles, and a 5k that will bring you to your knees!
I know, that combination sounds too good to be true, but that was the case  this Sunday at Deep Well Farm as they hosted Knoxville's first Mud Run! Contestants signed up in teams of five people and traversed pits of mud, tunnels, mountains of hay, and many other obstacles scattered over the track. I had the opportunity to help out with this massive undertaking, and I can say with a great deal of confidence that the event was a huge success! 500 runners got to test their mud-covered resolve, and had a blast all along the way. The proceeds also went to Habitat for Humanity,  and the weather could not have been more beautiful. (though after some thought, if it had been raining at a mud-run, I wouldn't have complained either)

With that said, here are some highlights from the run!
For all those people that i promised pictures, i will upload all 350 in a separate post. Its a little overwhelming haha.

 The starting line!

People were oozing anticipation at the beginning, and dirt from every pore at the end.

 Going strong!

 The ever-helpful staff!

 Slap on some war paint folks, this wont be easy!

Glasses... why didn't I wear glasses?? Mud in your eyes makes running a little more interesting. 

 The families were so encouraging!!

 I'd say don't slip, but covered in mud? do slip, its more fun that way!

 Don't underestimate the younger contestants when they're covered in mud.  How many mud pies did you make when you were a kid? I bet this kid has you beat!

Running is tiring enough, but with 10 pounds of mud in your shoes? 

"Hey, this mud feels great!! lets take a break."

I mean, that's where i take my afternoon nap before chemistry.  

 When you're covered in mud, you might as well celebrate!

 Mmmm, I'm sure that mud on your teeth tasted like chocolate.

 They finished strong, and finished together!

 hahaha, if only they ran the track that way.

 I'm not sure if they were excited to finish, or go take a shower.... well, probably both.

Some of the teamwork out there was great! 

 Let me see you're angry face!

I've run 5k's before and this was not to be underestimated. 

 You know, there's this patch of mud right on his forehead. Which is no big deal, until you realize... he probably landed on his head at some point. You should be ashamed if your laughing at this man's pain!
haha, in all honesty he didn't injure himself though.

There's me! and that poor fella on the right isn't upset because there's mud in his eyes, it's because i stole his water bottle. 

Boom! bonus points for treating the mud crawl like a slip and slide.



Expect all of the pictures here in the next couple of days!
I'f you've got feedback, or comments, or need of a photographer, I'd love to hear back from ya!
Next blog will be on some more UT adventures, and I am also working on a "semester in review" post, 

keep me updated folks! thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment